Sponsoring Family Members to Immigrate to Canada
Sponsoring Family Members to Immigrate
If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you may sponsor your family to become permanent residents of Canada.
You can sponsor relatives or family members from abroad if they are:
- spouses, common-law or conjugal partners 16 years of age or older;
- parents and grandparents;
- dependent children, including adopted children;
- children under 18 years of age whom you intend to adopt;
- brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces or grandchildren who are orphans;
under the age of 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship;
- you may also sponsor one relative of any age if you do not have a family member listed above whom you can sponsor
There are different processes for sponsoring your family depending on whom you wish to sponsor.