Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in excerpt
Search in content
Filter by Practice Category
Business Setup & Contracts
Commercial & Business Transactions
Land Assembly & Real Estate Development
Mortgage and Loan Enforcement
Mortgage Syndication
Private Mortgage Closings & Administration
Real Estate Closings & Property Law
Wills, Estates & Tax
Filter by Practice Industry Category
Business & Finance
Estates & Tax
Real Estate

Sponsoring Family Members to Immigrate to Canada

Sponsoring Family Members to Immigrate

If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you may sponsor your family to become permanent residents of Canada.

You can sponsor relatives or family members from abroad if they are:

  • spouses, common-law or conjugal partners 16 years of age or older;
  • parents and grandparents;
  • dependent children, including adopted children;
  • children under 18 years of age whom you intend to adopt;
  • brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces or grandchildren who are orphans;
    under the age of 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship;
  • you may also sponsor one relative of any age if you do not have a family member  listed above whom you can sponsor

There are different processes for sponsoring your family depending on whom you wish to sponsor.

Article Categories