Ruchir Shah joined Levy Zavet Lawyers in 2012 and is the Office Manager and Senior Law Clerk at the firm. He graduated from the Law Clerk program at Humber College in May 2012 and also holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from The University of Mumbai, India.
Ruchir has over 8 years experience in Real Estate transactions and he works alongside lawyers and his fellow clerks with all aspects of a real-estate transaction. His responsibilities include searching titles, drafting agreement of purchase and sale, completing and reviewing title searches, meeting with clients, drafting requisition letters, completing off title searches, preparing transaction closing documents, preparation and submission of documents with respect to title transfers and preparation and registration of various estate related conveyancing documents. Ruchir also assists lawyers with condo development projects and has successfully helped manage deposit reports and closing of over 8 projects during his tenure at the firm. He also specializes in Probate Applications and preparing Wills & Power of Attorneys for his clients and the clients of the firm. Over the years Ruchir has also developed a strong relationship with real-estate agents, mortgage brokers who refer new clients to him and hence adds value in bringing new business to the firm.
Ruchir is also the Office Manager and as part of his duties provides exceptional accounting and administrative support to management, clients and vendors.
• Prepare and process client billings
• Support for credit and collection activities and banking disbursement postings
• AR – collections, bank deposits, entries
• AP – cheque runs, AP invoice entries
• Responsible for answering inquiries from clients for help and/or guidance on billing issues
• Act as liaison for all technology (i.e. printer, fax, scanner, copier, telephone, local area network)
and work with IT to resolve issues on a timely basis
• Handle new employee office orientation and technology requirements
• Develop and implement effective procedures for the continuous improvement of office operations, including cost/efficiency comparisons for services and supplies
• Establish and build constructive relationships with internal and external (suppliers, clients and associates) customers
• Maintain tenant contact information, ordering keys and/or other equipment, and coordinate/assist with satellite office management
• Supervise administrative staff
• Administrative support – health and safety administration, monitor computer system, etc
- All Aspects of a Real Estate Transaction including Purchases, Sales, Refinances and Private Mortgages.
- All Aspects of Preparing Wills and Power of Attorneys.
- All Aspects of Preparing Probate Applications both with a Will and without a Will.
- All Aspects relating to maintaining deposit reports and assisting with closing Condominium Projects.
- Law Clerk Diploma – Humber College
- Bachelor Of Commerce Degree (BCom) – University of Mumbai