Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in excerpt
Search in content
Filter by Practice Category
Business Setup & Contracts
Commercial & Business Transactions
Land Assembly & Real Estate Development
Mortgage and Loan Enforcement
Mortgage Syndication
Private Mortgage Closings & Administration
Real Estate Closings & Property Law
Wills, Estates & Tax
Filter by Practice Industry Category
Business & Finance
Estates & Tax
Real Estate

Notary & Commissioner

You will need a “Commissioner of Oaths” to sign a sworn declaration, which is a document whereby you declare and affirm to be true a set of statements. At Levy Zavet, our lawyers and some of our law clerks are authorized commissioners by the Province of Ontario and are here to witness certain kinds of sworn declarations. You could be asked to affirm a declaration when you apply to the government for something or by a company when they need information from you. Sometimes these forms are given to you or you may be required to write it yourself.

A notary public is a someone who is also authorized by the Province of Ontario to witness the swearing of oaths and to certify documents and signatures. Declarations that will be sent outside of Ontario need to be “notarized”. You may also need the services of a notary if you require certified copies of documents. This involves making photocopies of the document and then “certifying” them as actual copies of the original document, whereby a notary public signs the copies and makes the certifying statements. The Lawyers at Levy Zavet are all notaries.

Levy Zavet can help you if you need to have a document commissioned or if you need a notary to witness a document or make certified true copies of documents. Most of the time we can notarize and commission your documents on a walk-in basis unless it is a specialty notary such as using your U.S. or Israeli notarizing services, whereby an appointment is necessary.

Levy Zavet can also assist you to write your declaration; and once you confirm the information you will sign the declaration and one of our lawyers or law clerks will commission or notarize the document with their signature and stamp or seal.

Our Lawyers that Specialize in this field

Law Clerks that can help in this field

  • Services by Industry

  • Services by Practice

Google Rating
Based on 100 reviews