Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in excerpt
Search in content
Filter by Practice Category
Business Setup & Contracts
Commercial & Business Transactions
Land Assembly & Real Estate Development
Mortgage and Loan Enforcement
Mortgage Syndication
Private Mortgage Closings & Administration
Real Estate Closings & Property Law
Wills, Estates & Tax
Filter by Practice Industry Category
Business & Finance
Estates & Tax
Real Estate

What happens if you die without a will?


  • And you are married, have children and your assets are worth more than $200,000, your surviving spouse will not be entitled to your entire estate?
  • It will be up to the Court to appoint someone to administer your estate if you are not married or do not have a surviving spouse?
  • If you are not married or do not have a surviving spouse; if your minor children are entitled to any funds from your estate, the office of the Children’s Lawyer of Ontario (“OCL”) and the Accountant of the Superior Court of Justice of Ontario (“Accountant of the Court”) will decide how those funds should be invested and what amounts should be paid for your children’s maintenance?
  • If both you and your spouse are deceased, it will be up to the court to decide who should act as guardians of your children?

Call us now (416-777-2244) to receive the best possible advice and attention we can offer in a straightforward manner to plan your estate and draft your Will and Power of Attorneys.

Now that you may have purchased or sold a property it could be time to update your Will and Power of Attorneys, if you do not already have them, then it’s imperative that you get them done immediately.  Complete our Wills Information Form included here and call us to setup a brief meeting to discuss drafting your Will and Power of Attorneys, they should be ready for singing within a week thereafter. However, if after our meeting we find you need additional estate planning we will setup another meeting, and in some cases more than one Will, will be needed.