Meeting your legal needs during Covid-19
At Levy Zavet, the health and safety of our clients and staff is our top priority. During this time, we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation as more important information is being released, and have put safety measures in place during this epidemic, to ensure the continued safety and health of our clients and staff.
Like most businesses, our goal is to balance the needs of our clients, ensuring we continue to provide best in class service while at the same time, taking measures to ensure the health and safety of our people in the workplace.
We have been working tireless around the clock to ensure that we can get all of our clients’ real estate closings, corporate work and legal matters addressed, signed up and ready. We have been sourcing and setting up remote access for all our staff and keeping everyone informed of what government services may be closing and when. We thank you for your patience and your continued support. We truly do appreciate it.
Here are some of the things we are doing:
- We are taking this situation very seriously, and ask that all clients, lawyers and staff stay home if they are feeling unwell, to help us combat the spread of germs.
- Our lawyers and staff are reminded to practice regular hand washing and sanitizing throughout the day, and in-between meetings with clients and colleagues.
- All of our meeting rooms, waiting rooms, board rooms and offices will be sanitized regularly, and staff are asked to not share personal office supplies such as pens, keyboards, etc…
- We are practicing social distancing the best we can, by limiting the number of in person meetings in our offices with clients, as well as our colleagues. We are using remote online meetings such as Google Hangouts, Skype and Goto Meeting.
- We will stay on top of news from the Government of Canada, and World Health Organization as more information is revealed, and are educating our staff on best practices
In case you were wondering, how will the court situation affect your case?
- The Supreme Court of Justice is closed from March 17, 2020 to June 1, 2020 – unless a judge orders otherwise.
- If you have a March matter, your matter will be postponed to June 2, 2020.
- April matters will be postponed to June 3, 2020 and May matters will be pushed to June 4, 2020.
- Bail courts will remain open for the time being.
- We will advise clients by email of their next Court date.
We will be open and available for any questions, comments or concerns. Please call 416-777-2244 or Toll-Free at 1-877-777-8977 for any further information. Or email us at Info@LevyZavet.com or Ask@LevyZavet.com.
Stay safe and healthy,
Levy Zavet, Lawyers